Click here for the Post 16 Prospectus
To enable students to make informed choices for KS5 (Post-16) the following procedures are followed.
- KS4 pupils follow a structured careers programme including individual guidance and interview with the School’s Career Advisor and careers teacher.
- A Post-16 Information Afternoon for Yr 12 parents and pupils advising of Post-16 options through Dean Maguirc College involving subject teachers, careers teachers the school’s careers officer and collaboration representatives.
- Pupils complete initial subject preferences (max 4).
- Subject preferences are examined and further advice given.
- Subject numbers are examined and approved for viability
- A Post – 16 Prospectus is available prior to this event.
- Option blocks are drawn up to suit the preferences of the majority of pupils and those who cannot be immediately accommodated are interviewed to see if a compromise can be reached.
- Interviews with Principal, careers teachers and subject teachers for Y12 pupils (after G.C.S.E. results) entering Post-16 to help decide AS choices and career plans.
Post 16 Courses
Dean Maguirc College offers the following subjects at AS and A2 level:
- Art and Design
- Level3 BTEC in Children’s Care Learning and Development
- English Literature
- Environmental Technology
- Health & Social Care
- Level 3 Technical Certificate in ICT
- Technology and Design
South West College, Omagh
The following subjects are offered through collaboration with South West College, Omagh as a member of the Omagh Learning Community.
- BTEC Level 3 Agriculture
- “A” Level Applied Science
- BTEC Level3 Construction
- BTEC Level3 Engineering
- BTEC Level3 Hospitality
- BTEC Level3Media –Film
- BTEC Leve3 Media – Games Development
- BTEC Level3 Sports
- “A” Level System and Software Development.
The following subjects are offered through collaboration with schools in the Omagh Learning Community.
Christian Brothers School
Loreto Convent Grammar
Government and Politics
St Ciaran’s College
The following subjects are offered through collaboration with St Ciaran’s College in the Mid Tyrone Partnership:
In addition to the academic subjects offered to Post 16 students, they also engage in extra curricular activities such as:
- Liturgical Experiences
- Active Cross Community involvement
- Careers Guidance
- Work Experience
- School Ambassadors
- Rural Youth Entrepreneurship
- Young Enterprise
- John Paul the IInd Award
- Educational Trips
- Sports Activities
- Charitable Fundraising
- Open Days